Tool needed to port java code to code to csharp

Discussion in 'Java' started by puzzlecracker, Sep 27, 2008.

  1. What would suggest to use, for I need to move java api to csharp api?

    thanks
    puzzlecracker, Sep 27, 2008

  2. On 27-9-2008 22:11, Eric Sosman wrote:
    > puzzlecracker wrote:
    >> What would suggest to use, for I need to move java api to csharp api?

    > http://www.psychosurgery.org/index_files/page0012.htm

    So, to answer OP's question, the tool he needs would be a drill? ;-)

    --
    Regards,

    Roland
    Roland de Ruiter, Sep 28, 2008

  3. puzzlecracker

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    puzzlecracker wrote:
    > What would suggest to use, for I need to move java api to csharp api?

    If the code need to be maintained, then you should do a manual
    port. Machine converted code will be to costly to maintain.

    And you should consider alternatives to porting:
    - expose the Java code as a (web) service
    - if the Java code is version 1.1 compatible then build it with J#
    - run the binary Java code using IKVM

    Arne
    Arne Vajhøj, Oct 5, 2008