tool tip?

Max

Anyone know how to implement tool tips? The only examples I get seem to be
for windows forms. I want to do this on a web page.

-Max

Bruno Sirianni

In html ToolTip property is named Title.
In serverside component there is a ToolTip property.

Brun

Max

I'm not sure I understand. Just about every web control has a proerty called
ToolTip, where VS.NET help says, "The tooltip displayed when the mouse is
over the control." Although when I fill in this property, it does not work.
I see no tooltip when the mouse is over the control. Is there something else
I need to do to activate this? Would this work in Netscape too?

-Max

Guest

Max, I just did a quick test, added "tooltip=" to a linkbutton on a datagrid, and the tool tip shows up as expected. I didn't have to do anything else to enable it. It worked for me in IE6 and Netscape7, but not Netscape4