Tool to insert from xslt to db

Discussion in 'XML' started by Martin Honnen, Nov 26, 2004.

  1. kk wrote:

    > I have an xml file and write an xslt. Now I want to insert related elements
    > from xslt to db directly for various data types. How can I do? Is there any
    > existing tool for this?

    I think Saxon from http://www.saxonica.com/ has an SQL extension, it for
    instance documents an insert extension here:
    http://www.saxonica.com/documentation/sql-extension/insert.html
    so you maybe able to use Saxon to solve that but I have never used that
    extension myself.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

    Martin Honnen, Nov 26, 2004

  2. Martin Honnen

    kk Guest

    I have an xml file and write an xslt. Now I want to insert related elements
    from xslt to db directly for various data types. How can I do? Is there any
    existing tool for this? Thanks!

    kk, Nov 26, 2004

  3. Martin Honnen

    John Fereira Guest

    "kk" <> wrote in news::

    > I have an xml file and write an xslt. Now I want to insert related
    > elements from xslt to db directly for various data types. How can I do?
    > Is there any existing tool for this? Thanks!

    The uPortal project (www.uportal.org) uses a tool called DbLoader which
    reads a tables.xml for creating the database tables and data.xml for
    inserting records. It's written in java and has several hooks into the
    uPortal code (basically for logging and obtaining database connections) but
    you could probably learn something from it. If I recall there was also an
    open source product called Torque that did database loads from xml files.
    The jakarta Ant build tool also has a "sql" task that will create and
    populate a database from an xml file.

    John Fereira, Nov 26, 2004
  4. "kk" <> wrote in message
    > I have an xml file and write an xslt. Now I want to insert related

    elements
    > from xslt to db directly for various data types. How can I do? Is there

    any
    > existing tool for this? Thanks!

    Check the Examples link in http://servingxml.sourceforge.net/.

    Regards,