    I am looking for a tool like strace or ltrace that accounts every 'call'
    on x86 executables. Maybe has valgrind such a option?

    Thomas

    Thomas Glanzmann, Jun 27, 2005

  2. Thomas Glanzmann

    Artie Gold Guest

    Thomas Glanzmann wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I am looking for a tool like strace or ltrace that accounts every 'call'
    > on x86 executables. Maybe has valgrind such a option?
    >
    > Thomas

    As such things are inherently platform-specific, posting to a newsgroup
    specific to your platform would be best; tools are not topical here.

    HTH,
    --ag
    --
    Artie Gold -- Austin, Texas
    http://www.cafepress.com/goldsays

    Artie Gold, Jun 27, 2005

  3. Thomas Glanzmann

    Grumble Guest

    Thomas Glanzmann wrote:

    > I am looking for a tool like strace or ltrace that accounts every 'call'
    > on x86 executables. Maybe has valgrind such a option?

    A call graph? man gprof

    Grumble, Jun 28, 2005
  4. Thomas Glanzmann

    Morris Dovey Guest

    Thomas Glanzmann (in
    -erlangen.de) said:

    | I am looking for a tool like strace or ltrace that accounts every
    | 'call' on x86 executables. Maybe has valgrind such a option?

    Thomas...

    Hmm. I wrote a small trace utility to trace calls to malloc() and
    friends. It should be possible to use that as a model for code to
    trace an arbitrary set of functions. If interested, you can find the
    source at http://www.iedu.com/mrd/c/mtrace.c - have fun! :)

    --
    Morris Dovey
    DeSoto, Iowa USA