Tool which expands implicitly inline inline functions

Discussion in 'C++' started by tthunder@gmx.de, Jun 15, 2005.

    I'm looking for a tool which can do a task like this:

    class foo
    {
    public:
    void fooFunc() { doSomething(); }
    };

    TRANSFORM

    class foo
    {
    public:
    void fooFunc();
    };

    void foo::fooFunc()
    {
    doSomething();
    }

    Anybody know such a transformer/code generator?

    THX
    Kirsten
    , Jun 15, 2005

  2. Panjandrum Guest

    wrote:
    > I'm looking for a tool which can do a task like this:
    >
    > class foo
    > {
    > public:
    > void fooFunc() { doSomething(); }
    > };
    >
    > TRANSFORM
    >
    > class foo
    > {
    > public:
    > void fooFunc();
    > };
    >
    > void foo::fooFunc()
    > {
    > doSomething();
    > }

    should be:
    inline void foo::fooFunc()

    > Anybody know such a transformer/code generator?

    copy/paste/edit?
    Panjandrum, Jun 15, 2005

  3. BigBrian Guest

    > should be:
    > inline void foo::fooFunc()

    I could be wrong, but to me it sounded like the original poster didn't
    want these inlined anymore. They're looking for a tool which makes
    them *not* inlined. Also, I could be wrong, but I got the feeling that
    they were looking for an automated tool which does this. So suggesting
    editing the file doesn't address the question.

    If I needed to do this, I'd write a perl script to do it. I've used
    perl for similar tasks, and it's not that big of a deal to do things
    like this.

    -Brian
    BigBrian, Jun 15, 2005

    Yes,
    My intention was not too keep it inline. Programming this style is only
    FAST!
    I think it is very easy to code in the header file, you don't have to
    switch files... you must not go up and down... you must not write the
    class name... or template<class T>.... It is simply fast and I the
    program works.

    But when I have to clean up my code manually, then it will take hours
    to seperate the code. Days in my short programmer's life!

    Think about C#
    Normally you will find all implemetations within its class definitions.
    , Jun 16, 2005