Tool which expands implicitly inline inline functions

tthunder

Hi,

I'm looking for a tool which can do a task like this:

class foo
{
public:
void fooFunc() { doSomething(); }
};

TRANSFORM

class foo
{
public:
void fooFunc();
};

void foo::fooFunc()
{
doSomething();
}

Anybody know such a transformer/code generator?

THX
Kirsten

Panjandrum

I'm looking for a tool which can do a task like this:

class foo
{
public:
void fooFunc() { doSomething(); }
};

TRANSFORM

class foo
{
public:
void fooFunc();
};

void foo::fooFunc()
{
doSomething();
}

should be:
inline void foo::fooFunc()
Anybody know such a transformer/code generator?

copy/paste/edit?

BigBrian

should be:
inline void foo::fooFunc()

I could be wrong, but to me it sounded like the original poster didn't
want these inlined anymore. They're looking for a tool which makes
them *not* inlined. Also, I could be wrong, but I got the feeling that
they were looking for an automated tool which does this. So suggesting
editing the file doesn't address the question.

If I needed to do this, I'd write a perl script to do it. I've used
perl for similar tasks, and it's not that big of a deal to do things
like this.

-Brian

tthunder

Yes,
My intention was not too keep it inline. Programming this style is only
FAST!
I think it is very easy to code in the header file, you don't have to
switch files... you must not go up and down... you must not write the
class name... or template<class T>.... It is simply fast and I the
program works.

But when I have to clean up my code manually, then it will take hours
to seperate the code. Days in my short programmer's life!

Think about C#
Normally you will find all implemetations within its class definitions.