tool WSDL error

Matt R

I have a WSDL on the network that defines a service that I wish to consume.

Having added a reference to the wsdl to my project , and tried to build the
project I get the following error.

"c:\inetpub\wwwroot\TestInterfaces\Web
References\UserServices\Reference.map(1): Custom tool error: Unable to
import WebService/Schema. Unable to import binding 'userFacadeSoapBinding'
from namespace 'facade.soap.gateway.b.org.uk'. Unable to import operation
'getUser'. Schema with targetNamespace='http://dto.soap.gateway.b.org.uk'
has invalid syntax. The 'ref' attribute cannot be present."

1) Renaming all instances of dto in my project with another string still
causes the above error. (I checked that there were no dto's in the included
files as well

2) I have duplicated the definitions schema and replaced all elements with
complex types so I can remove the refs, and still get the same error.

3) I have removed all references to getUser from the wsdl, but still the
same error persists.

So, what else can I try?

I initially thought it was a namespace problem, but after doing all the
above, (and rebuilding each time) I am now not so sure.

Any help at all greatfully received

Lionel LASKE

Are you sure your WSDL is correct ? Your error message is strange: "ref" is
for "reference" on an object and it's forbidden in WSDL.
Could you post the full WSDL ?

Lionel.

Matt R

Theplot thickens. I just removed the WebReferences and recreated them, and
now get this message

"c:\inetpub\wwwroot\TestInterfaces\Web
References\UserServices\Reference.map(1): Custom tool error: Unable to
import WebService/Schema. Unable to import binding 'userFacadeSoapBinding'
from namespace 'facade.soap.gateway.b.org.uk'. Unable to import operation
'createUser'. The datatype 'User' is missing."

User is defined in the WSDL, not the schema with all the other definitions.
The more I look at this the more I think its a namespace issue. The WSDL is
produced from a java tool, and I am assured that it is ok.

The wsdl is long, but the section at the top is posted below..

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<wsdl:definitions targetNamespace="facade.soap.gateway.b.org.uk"

xmlns:apachesoap="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap"

xmlns:impl="facade.soap.gateway.b.org.uk"

xmlns:intf="facade.soap.gateway.b.org.uk"

xmlns:tns1="http://dto.soap.gateway.b.org.uk"

xmlns:b="http://bdefinitions.soap.gateway.b.org.uk"

<wsdl:import namespace="http://bdefinitions.soap.gateway.b.org.uk"
location="file:./bdefinitions.xsd"/>

<wsdl:types>

<schema targetNamespace="http://common.gateway.b.org.uk"
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">

<import namespace="http://dto.soap.gateway.b.org.uk"/>

<import namespace="facade.soap.gateway.b.org.uk"/>

<import namespace="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"/>

</schema>

<schema targetNamespace="facade.soap.gateway.b.org.uk"
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">

<import namespace="http://common.gateway.b.org.uk"/>

<import namespace="http://dto.soap.gateway.b.org.uk"/>

<import namespace="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"/>

<complexType name="ArrayOf_xsd_String">

<complexContent>

<restriction base="soapenc:Array">

<attribute type="soapenc:arrayType" wsdl:arrayType="string[]"/>

</restriction>

</complexContent>

</complexType>

</schema>

<schema targetNamespace="http://matx.soap.gateway.b.org.uk"
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">

<import namespace="http://common.gateway.b.org.uk"/>

<import namespace="facade.soap.gateway.b.org.uk"/>

<import namespace="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"/>

<complexType name="User">

<sequence>

<element name="contractIds" nillable="true" type="impl:ArrayOf_xsd_String"/>

<element name="id" nillable="true" type="xsd:string"/>

<element name="userDetails" nillable="true" type="b:userdetails"/>

<element name="organisationDetails" nillable="true"
type="b:eek:rganisationdetails"/>

<element name="accessDetails" nillable="true" type="b:accessdetails"/>

</sequence>

</complexType>

</schema>

</wsdl:types>

the bdefinitions and the wsdl are on a network drive if that has any
bearing.

Matt