Tools for large C file cleanup?

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by C Programmer, Aug 17, 2003.

  1. C Programmer

    C Programmer Guest

    Hi,

    I have a number of large C source code files (.c and .h) which have been
    updated by various people during long years.

    What I want to do is to look at every function, structure, etc. and see
    whether it is still needed and remove it if possible. I'm currently
    using "cscope" but I think I need a better tool for this task.

    What I need to do:
    - Identify which functions, structures are not used (called, referenced)
    anywhere in the code.
    - Get a list of all functions, structures, global variables in each
    file.

    I'm sure there are already lots of commercial tools which can do this. I
    can't afford one of those, so I would like to know if there is any good
    FREEWARE package I can use.

    Thank you very much
    C Programmer, Aug 17, 2003