tools for loading XML into databases (MYSQL and Oracle) ?

Jack

Does anyone have a recommendation in a decent open source tool that
will help me load XML data into an RDBMS (preferably Oracle, SQL
Server, and MYSQL).. I think XMLSPY does this, but it aint free...any
thoughts out there on where to find something that will help this cause
?

Best,

Jack

J??rgen Kahrs

Jack said:
Does anyone have a recommendation in a decent open source tool that
will help me load XML data into an RDBMS (preferably Oracle, SQL
Server, and MYSQL).. I think XMLSPY does this, but it aint free...any
thoughts out there on where to find something that will help this cause

Andrew Schorr has solved this problem with XML and PostgreSQL.
He uses a loadable GAWK module to read XML files and
another loadable module to store the data into the
database. Andrew has plans to extend his modules
to MySQL.

Use Google to find out more.
Andrew has posted about it in some newsgroups.

Stylus Studio

Stylus Studio has a Database to XML / XML to Database Mapper - its
based on industry standard SQL/XML technologies which are
bi-directional in nature. It's not free but there is a free trial.
Some information about this is posted at:
http://www.stylusstudio.com/db_to_xml_mapper.html

One neat benefit of Stylus Studio's Database / XML mapping tools is
that you can do one-off data conversions or generate the Java code
needed automate these kinds of data conversions. Some information about
the Java Code Generator is posted here:
http://www.stylusstudio.com/java_code_generation.html

Sincerely,
The Stylus Studio Team