    egbert
    --
    Egbert Bouwman - Keizersgracht 197 II - 1016 DS Amsterdam - 020 6257991
    Egbert Bouwman, Jul 27, 2003

  2. On Sun, Jul 27, 2003 at 01:48:55PM +0200, Irmen de Jong wrote:

    > Open the message in your news reader.
    > Click on an URL in the message.
    >
    > Sorry, couldn't resist. I'm not sure what you want to
    > do, really?

    My mail reader is the text-based Mutt, which:
    - doesn't react to mouse clicks
    - does show url's in a different color
    - seems not to do anything useful with them

    The Mutt-documentation says that in order to read the document
    an url refers to, you have to pipe the e-mail into another program,
    eg. urlview.
    But that program only shows a list of all the url's in the
    e-mail-message, without context, and that is not very illuminating,
    especially not if many of them refer to googled [mailman] groups.

    So I am am looking for something better.
    egbert
    --
    Egbert Bouwman - Keizersgracht 197 II - 1016 DS Amsterdam - 020 6257991
    Egbert Bouwman, Jul 27, 2003

  3. Egbert Bouwman wrote:
    > My mail reader is the text-based Mutt, which:
    > - doesn't react to mouse clicks
    > - does show url's in a different color
    > - seems not to do anything useful with them

    I see. Would the DrDobbs web page I pointed at
    (http://www.ddj.com/topics/pythonurl/)
    not be a good alternative for you?
    If you accept a slight delay until the latest
    Python-URL is posted on that web site, you can
    read it and click all links by using any web browser...

    I cannot help you with a better alternative
    to mutt if you want to use a text-based mail reader,
    sorry.

    --Irmen
    Irmen de Jong, Jul 27, 2003