Tools to access information on extended complex types

Discussion in 'XML' started by Suppi, Aug 22, 2007.

  1. Suppi

    Suppi Guest

    Hi all,

    we're doing a lot of xml/java (de)serialization and thus have defined
    a bigger type hierarchy in xml-schema.
    It starts with basic complex type as base classes. These are extended
    via extension/base mechanism to other complex types. Max depth of the
    type hierarchy is 3.
    We would like to have a ( possibly Unix ) command line tool which
    gives us access to all (type) information of the derived types, e.g.
    list of all parent types, list of all attributes ( incl. inherited
    attributes, incl. min/max occurs ) etc.
    XMLSpy gives you these information per type, but gathering
    informations for all types requires a full walkthrough and XMLSpy
    provides no easy exporting mechanism for these information :-(( .

    Any ideas on that are greatly appreciated!

    Thx
    Christian

    Suppi, Aug 22, 2007