Tools to Migrate .net projects to JAVA

Ing. Eduardo F. Sandino

Hi, there is some tool, software to migrate .net projects to Java,
specially WEB PROJECTS.... ?
Can anyone help me.!!!!

Nathan Sokalski

I don't know if there are any of those out there. The reason for this is
that ASP.NET code is run on the server and generates HTML, JavaScript, CSS,
or other files that can be saved as non-serverside files. Java, on the other
hand, is a technology that, when used for the web, can be run on the client
or server (it depends on whether it is an Applet, JSP, Servlet, etc. and how
the author wrote the code). Therefore, many of the things Java does cannot
be done with ASP.NET alone. If you want to move from Java to Microsoft web
technologies you will probably need to learn some stuff about ActiveX and
possibly other Microsoft web technologies. I am reasonably good with
ASP.NET, and have taken courses in Java, but I will admit that I am not yet
in the category of "professional", so you may want to get the thoughts of at
least a couple other people as well.