ToolTip not display in Japanese

Guest

Hi,

The Tooltip text messages in my web app are not showing up in Japanese. They
just show up as a string of squares in the browser... The text and
errormessages display Japanese text.

Here is how I have localized this:

1. set a culture attribute in web.config: culture=ja-JP

2. in global.asax.cs, I statically instatiate the resource Manager as such:

public static ResourceManager resman = new
ResourceManager("croissantcli.croissantcliRes",
Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly());

3. In a separate .resx file, I have created name-values pairs.

4. Then I access it in my .cs file as such:

CultureInfo ci = Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture;

uText.Text = Global.resman.GetString("uText", ci);
uTT.ToolTip = Global.resman.GetString("uTT", ci);
uEM.ErrorMessage = Global.resman.GetString("uEM", ci);

Both Text & ErrorMessage display Japanese text, but ToolTip display a string
of squares..... , kind of like undefined...

Thanks in advance.
-Shefali

Hermit Dave

i think tooltip is rendered as alt tag so i would assume that it would be
dependant on clients browser settings. i dont know much about cultures but
you have a look under IEs language settings.

--

Regards,

Hermit Dave
(http://hdave.blogspot.com)