    dropdown width. Hope you could help me solve my problem.

    regards,

    M P

    M P, May 2, 2006

  2. M P

    Mike Brind Guest

    M P wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > I have posted this since last week but receive no response. I really need
    > this to run on my system. I use ASP (not .NET) for my web applications. I
    > use IE6 SP1 for all my clients. Since title attribute doesn't work on
    > IE6SP1, I cant get the tool tip running. I use tooltip to lessen the
    > dropdown width. Hope you could help me solve my problem.
    >
    > regards,
    >
    > M P

    Yes, you got two responses. The most important of which is that you
    cannot do what you want. Tool tips do not work in IE6. The other
    reply pointed out to you that this is not an ASP question. It's an html
    question. You are in the wrong group. In future, please make sure you
    post to the correct group, and have the courtesy to check your post for
    replies.

    Oh, and replies will appear here - not in your email. (I'm probably
    wasting my time....)

    --
    Mike Brind

    Mike Brind, May 2, 2006

  3. M P

    M P Guest

    please refer me to the right group so that I will not be cross posting some
    questions. If tooltips in IE is not possible, can you refere to me
    alternatives?

    M P, May 2, 2006
  4. "M P" <> wrote in message
    > please refer me to the right group so that I will not be cross posting

    some
    > questions. If tooltips in IE is not possible, can you refere to me
    > alternatives?
    >
    > "Mike Brind" wrote:

    The only alternative I know of is to implement it yourself using a text,
    button and a div absolutely positioned under the text, button pair.

    Since you are using IE only you might consider using HTCs although I prefer
    a purely Javascript approach.

    Probably the best place to get help with the javascript approach is:-

    microsoft.public.scripting.jscript

    Anthony.

    Anthony Jones, May 2, 2006
  5. M P

    Mike Brind Guest

    Since this is an html question, you should be looking at html news
    groups. alt.html is one such.

    With regard to tool tips, there might be something you can do with
    javascript. You will have to see if google can help you can find
    something. Otherwise, I suggest you redesign your UI. If you can only
    squeeze two characters into the text value of your selection list, it
    must be pretty cramped.

    --
    Mike Brind

    Mike Brind, May 2, 2006