ToolTip on DropDown List options

CG

Hi,

I have a drop down list on an asp page.

Can I have tooltips for each item so when the user scrolls
odwn through the drop down I display a tooltip (as some
options are long and I do not want to incrase the width of
my drop down).

Thanks,
CG

Bob Barrows

CG said:
Hi,

I have a drop down list on an asp page.

Can I have tooltips for each item so when the user scrolls
odwn through the drop down I display a tooltip (as some
options are long and I do not want to incrase the width of
my drop down).

Thanks,
CG
This is not a server-side code question so it is off-topic for this
newsgroup. In the future, please post your questions to the appropriate
groups. Client-side questions should be asked on a dhtml group.

As you've probably discovered, OPTION elements do not support the title
property, so you will need to roll your own, perhaps using the onmouseover
and onmouseout events and a div element. For details, follow up in a dhtml
newsgroup.

Bob Barrows