Tooltip question

ODAN

I have an application that was developed in ASP.NET/C#. On one of the pages,
we are using tooltip to display the description of the textboxes. Wehn you
move your mouse over a textbox the tooltip appears with a full description
of the textbox on which you have your mouse. By default the tooltip display
for 10 seconds and then disappear (according to Microsoft). Is there a way
to make the tooltip display indefinetly. I have I searched the MSDN it says
the duration property can be set to -1 to make the tooltip display
indefinetly but it doesn't tell me how to do that with regards to the
application. Please help!

Thanks!

Laurent Bugnion

Hi,

Eliyahu said:
You should connect to the ToolTip behavior library tooltip.htc

See MSDN example
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d.../author/behaviors/library/tooltip/tooltip.asp

It contains a link for downloading the library.

Eliyahu

Note however that HTC are for IE-only, and might cause other problems
(we had tons of memory leaks due to a certain HTC component, because
HTCs link the CSS engine and the JavaScript engine, thus increasing the
risk for circular references).

I think that to program a tooltip control in ASP.NET should be fairly
easy, using floating DIVs, so I would rather consider making such a
control rather than using the IE-only HTC solution.

HTH,
Laurent

Hans Kesting

Hi,