    indefinetly but it doesn't tell me how to do that with regards to the
    application. Please help!

    Thanks!
    ODAN, Jun 5, 2006

  2. You should connect to the ToolTip behavior library tooltip.htc

    See MSDN example
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d.../author/behaviors/library/tooltip/tooltip.asp

    It contains a link for downloading the library.

    Eliyahu

    Eliyahu Goldin, Jun 6, 2006

  3. Hi,

    Eliyahu Goldin wrote:
    > You should connect to the ToolTip behavior library tooltip.htc
    >
    > See MSDN example

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d.../author/behaviors/library/tooltip/tooltip.asp

    > It contains a link for downloading the library.
    >
    > Eliyahu

    Note however that HTC are for IE-only, and might cause other problems
    (we had tons of memory leaks due to a certain HTC component, because
    HTCs link the CSS engine and the JavaScript engine, thus increasing the
    risk for circular references).

    I think that to program a tooltip control in ASP.NET should be fairly
    easy, using floating DIVs, so I would rather consider making such a
    control rather than using the IE-only HTC solution.

    HTH,
    Laurent
    Laurent Bugnion, Jun 6, 2006
  4. ODAN

    Hans Kesting Guest

    > Hi,
    >
    >> "ODAN" <> wrote in message
    >>> I have an application that was developed in ASP.NET/C#. On one of the
    >>> pages, we are using tooltip to display the description of the textboxes.
    >>> Wehn you move your mouse over a textbox the tooltip appears with a full
    >>> description of the textbox on which you have your mouse. By default the
    >>> tooltip display for 10 seconds and then disappear (according to
    >>> Microsoft). Is there a way to make the tooltip display indefinetly. I have
    >>> I searched the MSDN it says the duration property can be set to -1 to make
    >>> the tooltip display indefinetly but it doesn't tell me how to do that with
    >>> regards to the application. Please help!
    >>>
    >>> Thanks!

    > Eliyahu Goldin wrote:
    > > You should connect to the ToolTip behavior library tooltip.htc
    > >
    > > See MSDN example
    > >

    > http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d.../author/behaviors/library/tooltip/tooltip.asp
    > >
    > > It contains a link for downloading the library.
    > >
    > > Eliyahu

    > Note however that HTC are for IE-only, and might cause other problems (we had
    > tons of memory leaks due to a certain HTC component, because HTCs link the
    > CSS engine and the JavaScript engine, thus increasing the risk for circular
    > references).
    >
    > I think that to program a tooltip control in ASP.NET should be fairly easy,
    > using floating DIVs, so I would rather consider making such a control rather
    > than using the IE-only HTC solution.
    >
    > HTH,
    > Laurent

    See, for example, http://www.bosrup.com/web/overlib/

    Hans Kesting
    Hans Kesting, Jun 6, 2006
  5. ODAN

    Winista Guest

    See if this helps..

    http://www.netomatix.com/products/PopupHelp/Default.aspx

    Winista, Jun 6, 2006
  6. ODAN

    OD Guest

    Thank you guys, I have a few suggestions now. we do want it to work on
    netscape and probably mozilla too.

    OD, Jun 7, 2006