ToolTipText problem

tallintheair

In my Java Applet whenever toolTipText appears everything behind it
goes blank. When the mouses moves away from the toolTipText area
everything appears again. Any ideas what the problem could be?

Cheers

Oliver Wong

tallintheair said:
In my Java Applet whenever toolTipText appears everything behind it
goes blank. When the mouses moves away from the toolTipText area
everything appears again. Any ideas what the problem could be?

Perhaps in the source code, you typed in something you shouldn't have,
or you didn't type in something you should have.

See: http://mindprod.com/jgloss/sscce.html

- Oliver

Roedy Green

In my Java Applet whenever toolTipText appears everything behind it
goes blank. When the mouses moves away from the toolTipText area
everything appears again. Any ideas what the problem could be?

Seems to me that is expected behaviour. How would you read the black
text on a black background if the tool tip did not bring its own
background with it?

Are you talking of some bigger blank-out?

Does your tooltip have a lot of lead or trail whitespace?

tallintheair

Yes you can see the tooltip background. But while the tooltip is shown
the rest of the screen is blank. It doesn't lead or trail any white
space.

Apologies that I can't post any code. The program is far too large and
my understanding of it is far too small. I'm hoping that someone has
come across a similar problem

Phil

Oliver Wong

tallintheair said:
Yes you can see the tooltip background. But while the tooltip is shown
the rest of the screen is blank. It doesn't lead or trail any white
space.

Apologies that I can't post any code. The program is far too large and
my understanding of it is far too small. I'm hoping that someone has
come across a similar problem

You could try making a copy of your project, and ripping out entire
chunks of it until you can reproduce the tooltip problem in a single file,
and then trimming that file down to 20 lines or so. By doing this, you will
accomplish some or all of the following:

(*) Determined where the problem lies yourself.
(*) Gain a better understanding of how the program as a whole works.
(*) Reduced your program to an SSCCE that you could post here if you're
still stuck.

- Oliver