Top level body onload event doesn't fire if frame load fails.

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Robert Oschler, Jul 20, 2003.

  1. I have an frame in one of my documents (not a frameset document). The top
    level document has an "onload" handler in the BODY tag. I have found that
    if the frame is unable to navigate to the document it desires, the top
    level document "onload" handler does not fire, and therefore important
    Javascript function I need called is not called.

    The frame document's URL belongs to a service which is not always available,
    and when it isn't available, a 404 error results in the frame and ends up
    neutering the top level document body onload handler.

    I can deal with the 404 error, but is there some way to ensure that the top
    level document's body onload handler fires?

    thx

    --

    Robert Oschler
    "Let the web hear you, add your voice to your web site in minutes!"

    Robert Oschler, Jul 20, 2003