    .../../../../../ for each level of the refrences to the images folder at the
    top level? I thought there was a ~/ thing but I cant figure out how to get
    it to work correctly. thanks!

    Brian Henry, Dec 26, 2003

  2. Brian Henry wrote:
    > I have a template that can be used a few levels deep, but my images
    > folder is in the top level so i have a structure like this
    >
    > \
    >> -- Images
    >> ------- Template
    >> -- Documents
    >> ------- Documents Folder 2
    >> ---------------- Documents Folder 3

    > how would I use the same template on all levels and not have to keep
    > going ../../../../../ for each level of the refrences to the images
    > folder at the top level? I thought there was a ~/ thing but I cant
    > figure out how to get it to work correctly. thanks!

    The tilde (~) character represents the root directory of the application.
    So to include a file, use the tilde (~) as follows:
    <!-- #include virtual="~/_lib/functions.asp" -->

    For more information, see:
    http://authors.aspalliance.com/remas/ASP.NET/GreatFeatures/Tilde

    Plus if you are using a UserControl, the page talks about tilde (~) also.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpgenref/html/cpconregister.asp

    --

    Thanks,
    Carl Prothman