top level marker?

Brian Henry

I have a template that can be used a few levels deep, but my images folder
is in the top level so i have a structure like this

\
|-- Images
|------- Template
|-- Documents
|------- Documents Folder 2
|---------------- Documents Folder 3

how would I use the same template on all levels and not have to keep going
.../../../../../ for each level of the refrences to the images folder at the
top level? I thought there was a ~/ thing but I cant figure out how to get
it to work correctly. thanks!

Carl Prothman [MVP]

Brian said:
I have a template that can be used a few levels deep, but my images
folder is in the top level so i have a structure like this

\

how would I use the same template on all levels and not have to keep
going ../../../../../ for each level of the refrences to the images
folder at the top level? I thought there was a ~/ thing but I cant
figure out how to get it to work correctly. thanks!

The tilde (~) character represents the root directory of the application.
So to include a file, use the tilde (~) as follows:
<!-- #include virtual="~/_lib/functions.asp" -->

For more information, see:
http://authors.aspalliance.com/remas/ASP.NET/GreatFeatures/Tilde

Plus if you are using a UserControl, the page talks about tilde (~) also.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpgenref/html/cpconregister.asp

--

Thanks,
Carl Prothman