top margin moving

JL

I'm new to making sites, and am just finishing this site
www.mrhill.dk. On some of the pages, where I've split the central area
into two with a scrolling frame on the right, the whole page shifts up
when any of the anchors are clicked. You can see what I mean at
http://www.mrhill.dk/en/our-approach.htm. The red balls on the left
cause the top margin to reduce to about 50% of the intended size.

I think maybe I've done the anchors wrong, or maybe I've messed up the
CSS. Part of the CSS is below for reference. Does anyone have any
ideas?

Thanks in advance. Any comments on the site in general are also
welcome - I'll only improve if I know what I can do better!

#scrolltable
{
width:100%;
height:250;
text-align: justify;
v-align: middle;
cellpadding: 0;
padding-right: 40;
padding-left: 40;
overflow: auto;
}
#topntail
{
color: white;
background-color: #004080;
font-size: 14px;
font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica;
text-align: middle;
v-align: top;
}
BODY
{
font-size: 11;
color: #000000;
background-color: #002b55;
margin: 50;
font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica;
scrollbar-base-color: #002b55;
scrollbar-arrow-color: #002b55;
scrollbar-DarkShadow-Color: #002b55;
}

TABLE
{
FONT-SIZE: 12;
color: white;
background-color: #005cb9;
text-align: justify;
font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica;
scrollbar-base-color: #005cb9;
scrollbar-arrow-color: #005cb9;
scrollbar-DarkShadow-Color: #005cb9;

Els

JL said:
I'm new to making sites, and am just finishing this site
www.mrhill.dk. On some of the pages, where I've split the
central area into two with a scrolling frame on the right,
the whole page shifts up when any of the anchors are
clicked. You can see what I mean at
http://www.mrhill.dk/en/our-approach.htm. The red balls on
the left cause the top margin to reduce to about 50% of the
intended size.

I think maybe I've done the anchors wrong, or maybe I've
messed up the CSS. Part of the CSS is below for reference.
Does anyone have any ideas?

There certainly are a few mistakes in the CSS.
Run it through the validator and fix the errors and then see if
the problem is still there.

HTML result: http://tinyurl.com/3twck
CSS result: http://tinyurl.com/4rwej

JL

Els said:
There certainly are a few mistakes in the CSS.
Run it through the validator and fix the errors and then see if
the problem is still there.

HTML result: http://tinyurl.com/3twck
CSS result: http://tinyurl.com/4rwej

Wow, no kidding! That's a useful tool. Thanks for your help. I've
fixed the top margin now, by changing the general margin=50 to top,
left and right margin lines with the same value, but I'll have a look
through the other errors and correct as I can.

Regards, JL

Toby Inkster

JL said:
#scrolltable
{
width:100%;
height:250;
text-align: justify;
v-align: middle;
cellpadding: 0;
padding-right: 40;

40 what? 40 hobnobs?
padding-left: 40;

40 what? 40 hobnobs?
overflow: auto;
}
#topntail
{
color: white;
background-color: #004080;
font-size: 14px;
font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica;
text-align: middle;
v-align: top;
}
BODY
{
font-size: 11;

11 what? 11 hobnobs?
color: #000000;
background-color: #002b55;
margin: 50;

50 what? 50 hobnobs?
font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica;
scrollbar-base-color: #002b55;

It's CSS, Jim, but not as we know it.
scrollbar-arrow-color: #002b55;

It's CSS, Jim, but not as we know it.
scrollbar-DarkShadow-Color: #002b55;

It's CSS, Jim, but not as we know it.
}

TABLE
{
FONT-SIZE: 12;

12 what? 12 hobnobs?
color: white;
background-color: #005cb9;
text-align: justify;
font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica;
scrollbar-base-color: #005cb9;

It's CSS, Jim, but not as we know it.
scrollbar-arrow-color: #005cb9;

It's CSS, Jim, but not as we know it.