    TTFN
    Jim

    'Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vicendarum!'
    Deaf Lugs, Dec 30, 2011

  2. Deaf Lugs wrote:
    > I have some very long html pages so I'm using <a href="#top"> at
    > intervals to get to the top of each page. The trouble is that there is a
    > php toolbar at the top of each page and, of course. the page always
    > fails to go up past it so it isn't quite the 'top of the page'
    >
    > Anyone know of a way round this so that it does go to the correct top of
    > the page and not under the toolbar?

    Have the php inserted code positioned AFTER the "top" anchor. WAG since
    you failed to provide a URL to the problem in question.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Dec 30, 2011

  3. 2011-12-30 16:19, Deaf Lugs wrote:

    > I have some very long html pages so I'm using <a href="#top"> at
    > intervals to get to the top of each page. The trouble is that there is a
    > php toolbar at the top of each page and, of course. the page always
    > fails to go up past it so it isn't quite the 'top of the page'
    >
    > Anyone know of a way round this so that it does go to the correct top of
    > the page and not under the toolbar?

    Workaround: <a href="#">.

    Better workaround: remove the anchor name "top" from its current place
    of definition, and use <body id=top>.

    Solution: Stop creating the problem. "Back to top" considered harmful;
    arguments: http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/www/totop.html

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Dec 30, 2011
  4. Deaf Lugs

    Deaf Lugs Guest

    On 30/12/2011 15:16, Jukka K. Korpela wrote:
    > 2011-12-30 16:19, Deaf Lugs wrote:
    >
    >> I have some very long html pages so I'm using<a href="#top"> at
    >> intervals to get to the top of each page. The trouble is that there is a
    >> php toolbar at the top of each page and, of course. the page always
    >> fails to go up past it so it isn't quite the 'top of the page'
    >>
    >> Anyone know of a way round this so that it does go to the correct top of
    >> the page and not under the toolbar?

    > Workaround:<a href="#">.
    >
    > Better workaround: remove the anchor name "top" from its current place
    > of definition, and use<body id=top>.
    >
    > Solution: Stop creating the problem. "Back to top" considered harmful;
    > arguments: http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/www/totop.html

    Thanks!

    Deaf Lugs, Jan 1, 2012