Toronto-area Python Users Group (PyGTA) meeting Tuesday @19:00hrs

Discussion in 'Python' started by Mike C. Fletcher, Aug 20, 2004.

  1. This month we'll be having a presentation by our own Peter Hansen
    regarding his use of ctypes and PySerial to create a "robot driver"
    (don't ask me, I just work here)... here's his summary:

    "CavroCom: A Brief Description of a Python-based Robot Driver for
    LabVIEW"

    This quick talk will cover the use of ctypes and PySerial to build
    an ActiveX/COM server interface allowing a LabVIEW program to talk
    to a robot via the serial port, with a brief excursion into using
    py2exe and InnoSetup to build the distribution.

    I'll bring along my own little ctypes project (wxAppBar) in case there's
    some extra time and people want to see ctypes going in the other
    direction. We'll try to make sure there's time for general questions
    and discussion of Pythonic news as well.

    As usual, we're meeting on the fourth Tuesday of the month at the Givex
    offices near Spadina and Adelaide (downtown). We normally go to the
    pool hall (the Charlotte Room) just down the street for
    dinner/coffee/drinks afterward. You can find all the details here:

    http://web.engcorp.com/pygta/wiki/NextMeeting

    Have fun, and hope to see you all (well, those in and around Toronto) there,
    Mike

    [ps: resending due to apparent server failure, sorry if this shows up
    multiple times]

    Mike C. Fletcher
    Designer, VR Plumber, Coder
    http://www.vrplumber.com