Toronto Perl Mongers - Audio Recordings

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Fulko Hew, Oct 20, 2004.

  1. Fulko Hew

    Fulko Hew Guest

    As an experiment I've recorded all of the presentations at the latest
    Toronto Perl Mongers "Lightning Talk" session. But so far, I've only
    made them available to members of the Toronto group.

    It was my thought that by making these recordings available, others who
    don't currently come out to meetings would find out how wonderfully
    useful our meetings can be and encourage them to come out and participate.

    I also thought it might encourage other Perl Monger groups to record
    their meetings and make them available for the same reasons.

    I haven't made our recordings available to the world yet, because I'm
    afraid of the Slash dot effect and the bandwidth cost to the person
    who's hosting the files.

    Is there someplace out there that would be willing to host the files and
    provide the bandwidth? Not just for us, but perhaps for everyone if it
    catches on!

    Comments anyone?

    Fulko
    Fulko Hew, Oct 20, 2004

  2. Fulko Hew

    Guest

    Fulko Hew <> writes:

    > As an experiment I've recorded all of the presentations at the latest
    > Toronto Perl Mongers "Lightning Talk" session. But so far, I've only
    > made them available to members of the Toronto group.
    >
    > It was my thought that by making these recordings available, others who
    > don't currently come out to meetings would find out how wonderfully
    > useful our meetings can be and encourage them to come out and participate.
    >
    > I also thought it might encourage other Perl Monger groups to record
    > their meetings and make them available for the same reasons.
    >
    > I haven't made our recordings available to the world yet, because I'm
    > afraid of the Slash dot effect and the bandwidth cost to the person
    > who's hosting the files.
    >
    > Is there someplace out there that would be willing to host the files and
    > provide the bandwidth? Not just for us, but perhaps for everyone if it
    > catches on!
    >

    > Comments anyone?
    >
    > Fulko

    Have you considered distributing it with bittorrent?

    /me
    , Oct 20, 2004