Toronto Ruby User Group meeting Sun 10 Oct 2004

Mike Stok

There will be a gathering of Toronto Ruby users on Sunday 10 October
starting at 1pm at the Queens Legs at

286 Eglinton W,
Toronto, ON
M4R 1B2

This venue is reasonably central on Eglinton between Avenue Road and Yonge
Street (closer to Avenue Road) Map at
http://www.google.com/local?q=queen...14280927332029215651&radius=0.000000&dm=large

In case you need help spotting us I have put a recent mug-shot of myself
up at http://www.stok.co.uk/~mike/mike-20040919.jpg

See http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?TorontoGroup for more details.

Mike

Austin Ziegler

There will be a gathering of Toronto Ruby users on Sunday 10 October
starting at 1pm at the Queens Legs at

286 Eglinton W,
Toronto, ON
M4R 1B2

This venue is reasonably central on Eglinton between Avenue Road and Yonge
Street (closer to Avenue Road) Map at
http://www.google.com/local?q=queen...14280927332029215651&radius=0.000000&dm=large

In case you need help spotting us I have put a recent mug-shot of myself
up at http://www.stok.co.uk/~mike/mike-20040919.jpg

Two things:

(1) this is Thanksgiving Sunday. I, for one, won't be making it,
because that is my thanksgiving dinner day.

(2) it is better to have something directly off the subway than a
significant walk from the subway, for those of us who refuse to drive
in that portion of Toronto because it's just silly crazy to do so.

-austin

Wes Moxam

Two things:

(1) this is Thanksgiving Sunday. I, for one, won't be making it,
because that is my thanksgiving dinner day.

(2) it is better to have something directly off the subway than a
significant walk from the subway, for those of us who refuse to drive
in that portion of Toronto because it's just silly crazy to do so.

Avenue Road is about a 5 minute walk from the Yonge-Eglinton subway stop ...

What happens at these type of meetings? I live downtown so I would be
able to attend, but not during thanksgiving weekend.

-- Wes

Mike Stok

[...]

Avenue Road is about a 5 minute walk from the Yonge-Eglinton subway stop ...

What happens at these type of meetings? I live downtown so I would be
able to attend, but not during thanksgiving weekend.

This is the first meeting in a while, and one of the things which will be
discussed is what we're up to, preferences for meeting times and
locations, and so on.

What goes on depends on the people there, and the place(s) we find to
meet. (And the more people we know the better the chance of getting a
place to meet "donated".)

I will be taking notes and putting them up on the Ruby Garden wiki.

With regard to it being Thanksgiving Sunday, I can promise that we won't
have any more meetings on Thanksgiving Sunday this year!

Mike