Total newbie: ASP.NET or Coldfusion ?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by smurphy, Jun 25, 2003.

  1. smurphy

    smurphy Guest

    question of whether
    >I should study ASP.NET or Coldfusion? Based on the fact

    that I'm a
    >total newbie to either. I just wanna start with databases.
    >
    >But I'm already a web designer, and have used Macromedia

    products like
    >Fireworks, Flash, and Dreamweaver for years already. And

    I just want
    >to start getting myself into databases to increase my

    skills and also
    >explore this field. I am a fan of Macromedia, but this

    does not mean
    >that I will just blindly choose to go for Coldfusion. A

    friend of mine
    >has recommended ASP.NET, and not Coldfusion. But I want

    to hear other
    >opinions. But please, make your answer very honest,

    unbiased in a
    >romanticist way...just based on facts and honest,

    straightforward
    >comparison.
    >
    >My question is not only concered with ease of use or

    speed only, for
    >instance. I actually want to include the demand for

    professionals in
    >both, the market share of both, what kind of companies

    require either
    >and why, is the integration with other Macromedia

    products like Flash,
    >Fireworks, and Dreamweaver (which I already know) worth

    the decision
    >of going for Coldfusion rather than ASP.NET even if

    Coldfusion falls
    >short in a few things, many other related questions too.

    I would
    >appreciate a smart and convincing and to-the-point answer.
    >
    >Sincerely,
    >
    >Yasso
    >
    >P.S. If this is not the right newsgroup to post, please

    direct me to
    >the right one and sorry for the inconvenience.
    >.

    ..NET is the way to go. The learning curve for Coldfusion
    is much steeper.

    smurphy, Jun 25, 2003