Total newbie: ASP.NET or Coldfusion ?

smurphy

-----Original Message-----
Greetings,

Will anyone please give me an HONEST answer to the question of whether
I should study ASP.NET or Coldfusion? Based on the fact that I'm a
total newbie to either. I just wanna start with databases.

But I'm already a web designer, and have used Macromedia products like
Fireworks, Flash, and Dreamweaver for years already. And I just want
to start getting myself into databases to increase my skills and also
explore this field. I am a fan of Macromedia, but this does not mean
that I will just blindly choose to go for Coldfusion. A friend of mine
has recommended ASP.NET, and not Coldfusion. But I want to hear other
opinions. But please, make your answer very honest, unbiased in a
romanticist way...just based on facts and honest, straightforward
comparison.

My question is not only concered with ease of use or speed only, for
instance. I actually want to include the demand for professionals in
both, the market share of both, what kind of companies require either
and why, is the integration with other Macromedia products like Flash,
Fireworks, and Dreamweaver (which I already know) worth the decision
of going for Coldfusion rather than ASP.NET even if Coldfusion falls
short in a few things, many other related questions too. I would
appreciate a smart and convincing and to-the-point answer.

Sincerely,

Yasso

P.S. If this is not the right newsgroup to post, please direct me to
the right one and sorry for the inconvenience.
.

..NET is the way to go. The learning curve for Coldfusion
is much steeper.