Total Newbie Question - Cleaging a textbox on refresh

Mike

Hello All~
Stumbling my way through tryinbg to sort out how ASP.Net works with
C#.

I currently have a simple app that when I click on a Button, it alters
the text of a textbox - what I'd like to know is how to make sure that
control can be cleared if the user leaves the pages and comes back -
or even if they hit the refresh button.

I have all of the "enableviewstate" settings to false, but no matter
what I do, if I navigate off of the page, the value in the textbox is
retained if I go back - or even when I refresh the page.

I can sort out the code to actually clear it, but I guess what I'd
like to know is what event to I need to do this in? I'm obviously
missing something super simple

thanks much
~m

Krissy

Mike said:
Hello All~
Stumbling my way through tryinbg to sort out how ASP.Net works with
C#.

I currently have a simple app that when I click on a Button, it alters
the text of a textbox - what I'd like to know is how to make sure that
control can be cleared if the user leaves the pages and comes back -
or even if they hit the refresh button.

I have all of the "enableviewstate" settings to false, but no matter
what I do, if I navigate off of the page, the value in the textbox is
retained if I go back - or even when I refresh the page.

I can sort out the code to actually clear it, but I guess what I'd
like to know is what event to I need to do this in? I'm obviously
missing something super simple

thanks much
~m

You can try