Total newbie question

Mike

I do a daily news feed, currently in html. Right now, clients pull it
into their websites via an iframe (so you can read the news items
while on each client's website).

I'm trying to get away from the need for iframes. Let's say I convert
my news files to xml, with an xslt so the file looks like it should.

If each client has their own website, would they be able to somehow
pull the contents of my xml files from my server, and into their own
page, so it would look as if it was their own content?

What would I have to supply to them so they could do that? Would I
just upload the xml files - with a schema and an xslt - and point the
clients to the directory and say - "have at it"??? And what would the
clients need to do?

Thanks in advance...

Martin Honnen

Mike said:
I do a daily news feed, currently in html. Right now, clients pull it
into their websites via an iframe (so you can read the news items
while on each client's website).

I'm trying to get away from the need for iframes. Let's say I convert
my news files to xml, with an xslt so the file looks like it should.

If each client has their own website, would they be able to somehow
pull the contents of my xml files from my server, and into their own
page, so it would look as if it was their own content?

What would I have to supply to them so they could do that? Would I
just upload the xml files - with a schema and an xslt - and point the
clients to the directory and say - "have at it"??? And what would the
clients need to do?

Provide the feed in an established format like Atom or RSS, then let
your clients process that feed as they like to integrate the feed data
in their sites. That has to happen on the server though as client-side a
document loaded from http://example.com/ can't load data from a
different origin unless it uses a frame/iframe/object.