total record count in datagrid

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by DC Gringo, Mar 4, 2004.

  1. DC Gringo

    DC Gringo Guest

    I have a datagrid control that has paging set up and working. What I would
    like is a total record count (not just per page) in the header or near the
    header of the datagrid.

    Here's my code:

    <asp:DataGrid
    AllowCustomPaging="false"
    AllowPaging="true"
    AllowSorting="true"
    AlternatingItemStyle-BackColor="#EFEFEF"
    AutoGenerateColumns="false"
    Border="0"
    Cellpadding="4"
    Cellspacing="0"
    CssClass="DataGrid"
    DataKeyField="clnGUID"
    Enabled="true"
    EnableViewState="true"
    HeaderStyle-BackColor="Black"
    HeaderStyle-Font-Bold="True"
    HeaderStyle-ForeColor="White" id="DataGrid2" runat="server"
    ShowFooter="false"
    OnSortCommand="SortCommand_OnClick"
    OnPageIndexChanged="PageIndexChanged_OnClick"
    PageSize="50"
    PagerStyle-Mode="NumericPages"
    PagerStyle-HorizontalAlign="Right"
    ShowHeader="true"

    Protected _sqlStmt As String = _
    "SELECT cols FROM tables"

    Sub Page_Load(Source As Object, E As EventArgs)
    If Not Page.IsPostBack Then
    BindData()
    End If
    End Sub

    Sub BindData()
    Dim conString As String = "server=server;database=db;uid=user;pwd=pwd;"

    Dim myDataSet1 As New DataSet
    Dim myDataAdapter1 As New SqlDataAdapter(_sqlStmt, conString)
    myDataAdapter1.Fill(myDataSet1, "CommunitiesT1")
    DataGrid2.DataSource = myDataSet1.Tables("CommunitiesT1")

    DataGrid2.DataBind()

    End Sub
    --
    _____