Total time in running Python Tests

shankha

Hi,
What is the usually the time taken to run Python tests on a x86 machine
with 1 GB of RAM?

http://docs.python.org/devguide/

../python -m test -j3

Should it be all PASS ? What is the expected summary of the results. Are
these good:

.3 tests omitted:
test___all__ test_site test_urllib2net
348 tests OK.
3 tests failed:
test_codecs test_distutils test_ioctl
2 tests altered the execution environment:
test___all__ test_site
33 tests skipped:
test_bz2 test_codecmaps_cn test_codecmaps_hk test_codecmaps_jp
test_codecmaps_kr test_codecmaps_tw test_curses test_dbm_gnu
test_dbm_ndbm test_devpoll test_gzip test_idle test_kqueue
test_lzma test_msilib test_ossaudiodev test_readline test_smtpnet
test_socketserver test_sqlite test_ssl test_startfile test_tcl
test_timeout test_tk test_ttk_guionly test_ttk_textonly
test_urllibnet test_winreg test_winsound test_xmlrpc_net
test_zipfile64 test_zlib

Are the results fine.

Steven D'Aprano

Hi,
What is the usually the time taken to run Python tests on a x86 machine
with 1 GB of RAM?

If I remember correctly from the last time I did it, probably around 20
or 30 minutes. I wasn't really paying attention, so I could be completely
wrong.

http://docs.python.org/devguide/

./python -m test -j3

Should it be all PASS ? What is the expected summary of the results. Are
these good:

Yes, it should all pass, but some failures aren't very important. If
you're using the latest development version, you should expect some
failures. Some modules are optional, like ssl and tkinter, or are
disabled by default. If you are missing external dependencies like the SSL
libraries, the ssl module will fail to work correctly.

.3 tests omitted:
test___all__ test_site test_urllib2net
348 tests OK.
3 tests failed: