Tough question - tell client to update?

M O J O

Hi,

Is it possible (via Internet Explorer) to tell the clients to update?

I have a picture that is shown in the client browsers. Often I replace
the image and I want to tell all clients that are watching the
webpage/image to update.

Is this possible?

I don't want to use some kind of timer update. I want to have control of
when updating is due.

I guess it's like the chanels function we had in Win2000.

Any idea???

Thanks!

M O J O

Steve C. Orr, MCSD

HTTP does not support it. You cannot send signals to the client without the
client initiating the contact. This requires some kind of client side
timer.
The only other option is to thicken up the client so it can use more complex
network protocols that can handle two way communication. Maybe an ActiveX
control or Winforms client.