trace.axd problem

Rob Locher

Greetings,

I am having a problem with tracing our ASP.NET application via
trace.axd. Whenever I point my browser at
http://mymachine/webapp/trace.axd, I get redirected to the same page
to which default.aspx redirects all users. We are using Forms
authentication, ASP.NET version 1.1, and Windows 2000. If I try to go
to http://mymachine/webapp/trace.axd before I log into the
application, I am redirected to the login page as if I had requested
one of the pages in the application. If I turn on pageOutput, then
the trace information displays at the bottom of the page just fine,
but pageOutput is unacceptable for production.

Any help would be most gratefully appreciated!

- Rob

The machine.config file has been changed from the default such that
the element:

/configuration/configurationSections/sectionGroup[@name='system.web']
/section[@name='processModel']/configuration/configurationSections/
sectionGroup[@name='system.web']/section[@name='processModel']

has had the value of the 'AllowDefinition' attribute changed from
"MachineOnly" to "MachineToApplication". (What that does, I don't
know.)

Following is the web.config:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<configuration>

<appSettings>
<add key="EnforceSecurity" value="True"/>
<add key="DatabaseServer" value="R62KCOMTEMP" />
<add key="WebServer" value="localhost" />
</appSettings>

<system.web>
<identity impersonate="true"
userName="registry:HKLM\Software\WebParser\Identity\ASPNET_SETREG,userName"
password="registry:HKLM\Software\WebParser\Identity\ASPNET_SETREG,password"
/>

<processModel responseDeadlockInterval="00:30:00"/>

<compilation defaultLanguage="vb" debug="true" />

<customErrors mode="Off" />

<authentication mode="Forms" >
<forms name="WebsortsParser" loginUrl="Login.aspx"/>
</authentication>

<authorization>
<deny users="?"/>
</authorization>

<trace enabled="true" requestLimit="40" pageOutput="false"
traceMode="SortByTime" localOnly="false" />

<sessionState
mode="InProc"
stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424"
sqlConnectionString="data source=127.0.0.1;user
id=sa;password="
cookieless="false"
timeout="60"
/>
<globalization requestEncoding="utf-8" responseEncoding="utf-8" />

<httpRuntime executionTimeout="1800" />

<httpModules>
<add name="WebModule"
type="com.innovasi.mis.web.webparserutilities.WebModule,
com.innovasi.mis.web.webparserutilities"/>
</httpModules>

<pages validateRequest="false" />

</system.web>

<location path="Default.aspx">
<system.web>
<authorization>
<allow users="*"/>
</authorization>
</system.web>
</location>
-->
<location path="Settings/Classification.aspx">
<system.web>
<authorization>
<allow roles="Administrator"/>
<deny users="*"/>
</authorization>
</system.web>
</location>

<location path="Settings/ManageAutoParsing.aspx">
<system.web>
<authorization>
<allow roles="Administrator"/>
<deny users="*"/>
</authorization>
</system.web>
</location>

<location path="Settings/ManageOnlineOfflineStatus.aspx">
<system.web>
<authorization>
<allow roles="Administrator"/>
<deny users="*"/>