Trace.axd - when is it cleared?

Brett Robichaud

I'm using trace.axd to monitor usage of a web app during the qa process. I
have found that the log is cleared periodically and am curious if there is
any way to control it, and if anyone know when it gets cleared?

Mind you I am not clearing it manually using the link on the trace.axd page.

-Brett-

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Brett,

As for the ASP.NET trace.axd's log, it is retrieved from the certain web
application and stored in somewhere. Based on my research, I haven't found
any document definitely clarify how and when it'll automatically be
cleared. But from my test, since the trace info is application based and
will be maintained in the certain application's Context, so when the web
applicaction restart or the whole asp.net workerprocess recycled, the trace
collection will be cleared.

In addition, here is the reference on ASP.NET trace in MSDN:
#ASP.NET Trace
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpcontracefunctionality
.asp?frame=true

Also, have you found anyother rules which will also make the trace
automatically cleared? If you have any further ideas, please feel free to
post here. Thanks.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

Get Preview at ASP.NET whidbey

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Brett,

Have you had a chance to check out the suggestions in my last reply or have
you got any further ideas on this issue? If you have anything unclear or if
there're anything else we can help, please feel free to post here. Thanks.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

Get Preview at ASP.NET whidbey

Brett Robichaud

I have not found any further info. It seems as though this is just one of
those poorly documented features.
-Brett-