    any way to control it, and if anyone know when it gets cleared?

    Mind you I am not clearing it manually using the link on the trace.axd page.

    -Brett-

    Brett Robichaud, Apr 20, 2004

  2. Hi Brett,

    As for the ASP.NET trace.axd's log, it is retrieved from the certain web
    application and stored in somewhere. Based on my research, I haven't found
    any document definitely clarify how and when it'll automatically be
    cleared. But from my test, since the trace info is application based and
    will be maintained in the certain application's Context, so when the web
    applicaction restart or the whole asp.net workerprocess recycled, the trace
    collection will be cleared.

    In addition, here is the reference on ASP.NET trace in MSDN:
    #ASP.NET Trace
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpcontracefunctionality
    .asp?frame=true

    Also, have you found anyother rules which will also make the trace
    automatically cleared? If you have any further ideas, please feel free to
    post here. Thanks.

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)

    Get Preview at ASP.NET whidbey

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Apr 21, 2004

  3. Hi Brett,

    Have you had a chance to check out the suggestions in my last reply or have
    you got any further ideas on this issue? If you have anything unclear or if
    there're anything else we can help, please feel free to post here. Thanks.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Apr 23, 2004
  4. I have not found any further info. It seems as though this is just one of
    those poorly documented features.
    -Brett-

    Brett Robichaud, Apr 23, 2004