trace enabled, get app. error, doesn't enabled, on runs without error

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Gabor, Aug 25, 2003.

  1. Gabor

    Gabor Guest

    Hí All,

    Does anybody can help to solve this problem?

    When I set in the web.config file <trace enabled="true"/>, I get the
    following error in one of main web pages:

    object.]
    System.Web.UI.Control.BuildProfileTree(String parentId, Boolean
    calcViewState)
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()

    If I set the <trace enabled="false"/>, the application executes normally.

    I'm using dotnet framework 1.0 on Windows XP prof.

    Thanks in advance

    Gabor

    Gabor, Aug 25, 2003

  2. Gabor,

    It sounds as if you're missing a "New" statement on that object.

    Sincerely,

    --
    S. Justin Gengo, MCP
    Web Developer

    Free code library at:
    www.aboutfortunate.com

    "Out of chaos comes order."
    Nietzche

    S. Justin Gengo, Aug 26, 2003

  3. Gabor

    Gabor Guest

    Thank You for the quick answer, but WICH object?

    From the error message, I can't find where is the suspicious object, and
    more interestingly, the app. executes well, if trace disabled.

    When I debug the application, the default.aspx file form_load event executes
    normally, and the project built without error.

    ??

    Thanks in advance

    Gabor

    Gabor, Aug 26, 2003
  4. Hi Gabor,

    I notice that you have provided more detailed information for this issue on
    another post in the microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet group. I think
    that we should work on this issue on that thread.

    Trace enabling in web config cause app. error

    If you have any concerns, please feel free to let me know.

    Best regards,

    Jacob Yang
    Microsoft Online Partner Support
    <MCSD>