Trace in examples.jar

vnssoftware

Hello:

The Trace example in examples.jar that comes with JDK 1.4 is very
useful, but very slow.

I was thinking how could the source code be modified so that I could
use the same by connecting to a running JVM so that it doesn't log at
startup. The application is too big and hence the process is very
slow. Excluding or including packages I guess doesn't make a
performance difference.

Or, if there is any other way to make it faster let me know?

Thank you.

vnssoftware

Do you think it could be slow since I was running example using JDK 1.3.

Thanks.

vnssoftware

Can anyone give an example of using com.sun.jdi.connect.AttachingConnector??
What args to pass??

vnssoftware

To attach jdb we use like-
java -Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_shmem,address=5000,server=y,suspend=n
How to pass this in Trace.java