trace module and doctest

skip

I am trying to use the trace module with the --count flag to test for
statement coverage in my doctests. The trace coverage listing is very
weird, marking many statements as unexecuted which were clearly executed
during the run (I can see their output on the screen). Is this some known
interaction between the trace and doctest modules?

Thanks,

John J. Lee

I am trying to use the trace module with the --count flag to test for
statement coverage in my doctests. The trace coverage listing is very
weird, marking many statements as unexecuted which were clearly executed
during the run (I can see their output on the screen). Is this some known
interaction between the trace and doctest modules?

Yes:

http://python-nose.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/nose/plugins/doctests.py

http://svn.zope.org/Zope3/trunk/src/zope/testing/doctest.py?rev=28679&r1=28703&r2=28705

John