Trace Starting Location

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Thom Little, Jul 1, 2004.

  1. Thom Little

    Thom Little Guest

    If I enable trace as in:

    <%@ Page language="c#"
    Codebehind="StepByStep12_1.aspx.cs"

    AutoEventWireup="false"

    Inherits="_315C12.StepByStep12_1"

    Trace="true"%>

    The trace overlays the other information displayed on the page. The trace
    always starts at 0,0 on the page.

    How can I control the starting position of the trace information displayed
    on the page?

    --
    -- Thom Little -- www.tlaNET.net -- Thom Little Associates, Ltd.

    Thom Little, Jul 1, 2004

  2. U R using GridLayout and all elements on your page are positioned absolutely
    except trace information which is displayed in FlowLayout. That's your
    problem. You could position trace table absolutely with javascript in onload
    event of the body.

    But rather than that you could also turn on tracing without pageoutput in
    web.config. Just set trace to true and pageoutput to false. Open two
    browsers. In one you run your asp.net app in other you access trace.axd
    file... like http://yourWebServerName/appVirtualFolderName/trace.axd

    Actually the second one is even better if you maybe use some friendly error
    page display. With this technique you can see all requests trace even the
    one before error page to see stack trace on exception... etc...

    --
    RobertK
    { Clever? No just smart. }

    Robert Koritnik, Jul 1, 2004