Trace Starting Location

Thom Little

If I enable trace as in:

<%@ Page language="c#"
Codebehind="StepByStep12_1.aspx.cs"

AutoEventWireup="false"

Inherits="_315C12.StepByStep12_1"

Trace="true"%>

The trace overlays the other information displayed on the page. The trace
always starts at 0,0 on the page.

How can I control the starting position of the trace information displayed
on the page?

Robert Koritnik

U R using GridLayout and all elements on your page are positioned absolutely
except trace information which is displayed in FlowLayout. That's your
problem. You could position trace table absolutely with javascript in onload
event of the body.

But rather than that you could also turn on tracing without pageoutput in
web.config. Just set trace to true and pageoutput to false. Open two
browsers. In one you run your asp.net app in other you access trace.axd
file... like http://yourWebServerName/appVirtualFolderName/trace.axd

Actually the second one is even better if you maybe use some friendly error
page display. With this technique you can see all requests trace even the
one before error page to see stack trace on exception... etc...