trace sub's calls stack to STDERR (for cgi debugging)

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by henq, Jan 1, 2004.

  1. henq

    henq Guest

    Hi,

    I am developing a web application framework (based on template toolkit).
    Its design is Object Oriented, so a lot of
    $self->foobar();
    kind of methods are called.

    I'd like to trace these calls to a log file or STDERR (with Carp perhaps?)
    so they get to Apache's error log.

    All my classes are subclasses of a Object.pm package, so if I can change the
    method invocation there to write a debug statement, I am all set.

    Any hints ?

    TIA

    henq
    henq, Jan 1, 2004