    like the same information with a different way to get at it. Any material
    which will help me understand what is being presented and how to use?

    Thanks in advance for your assistance!!!!!!!!!
    Jim Heavey, Dec 1, 2003

  2. The tracing information becomes even more useful when you output your own
    trace information. As implemented by default, you can see where potential
    perf problems are, but not much else. When you write to trace, you have a
    bit of a debug on a production application, without incurring a lot of
    overhead (like a debugger would).

    The benefit of trace.axd is the ability to view the trace information
    without everyone in the world being able to view it, or is that "being
    forced to view it."

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think Outside the Box!
    "Jim Heavey" <> wrote in message
    > I am trying to understand the use of Tracing/
    >
    > In the @page you can add Trace="true" which provides a page of tracing
    > information. Where can I find some material to help me make sense of the
    > information which is presented. I hear it is very useful, so I would like
    > to undertand how to use it.
    >
    > What is the difference between the @Page directive of Trace="True" and the
    > <trace> element in the web.Configure file? I have used this option and
    > then used the "trace.axd" utility to presnt the information. Kind of

    looks

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Dec 1, 2003