Track data via email......

davidgordon

Hi,

I have a fairly advanced order processing / tracking system I designed
with MS Access, MySQL & ASP.
I want to add an enhanced order tracking facility where a user can send
an email to a specific address we set up, with an ID & PO Number in the
subject / body, and then have our system reply with the required
information.

Is this done with asp or something completely different ?
When an email comes in, what would auto scan all incomming emails and
read the data ?

Is there a special component I need for this. I just want this to
happen in the background, whilst possibly sending me an alert email
each time the system is used. This will help me guage the services
required.

Apprecate your help

Thanks

David