    out manual email notificaitons.

    Really appreciate any adivce on ways to achieve this as a .NET newbie.

    - Jason

    Guest, Jan 4, 2005

    Scott Allen Guest

    You can use the FileSystemWatcher class from the System.IO namespace and
    catch events when a file changes, or the contents of a directory change.

    --
    Scott
    http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/

    Scott Allen, Jan 4, 2005

  3. You can make a windows service that will watch the directory with
    System.IO.FileSystemWatcher class. Look at System.Web.Mail namespace for
    sending emails.

    Eliyahu

    Eliyahu Goldin, Jan 4, 2005

    Guest Guest

    Ahhh...ok....thank you......but what if the folders are sitting with a
    remote web host....is this still possible?

    Guest, Jan 4, 2005
  5. No, FileSystemWatcher won't get there. I can think about something based on
    FTP for this scenario. The service could connect to the remote host
    periodically via FTP, get the list of files and do the job.

    Eliyahu

    Eliyahu Goldin, Jan 4, 2005