Tracking/Designing complex projects

Discussion in 'Python' started by Jorge Godoy, Sep 20, 2004.

  1. Jorge Godoy

    Jorge Godoy Guest

    Hi!

    I'm interested about how you are dealing with large projects where you
    have to track serveral classes, tie your GUI with the database, handle
    some common situations from several places, etc.

    How do you define the documentation for developing such a beast and how
    do you keep track of classes, methods, etc. that do something?

    Are you using UML? Do you rely solely on package names and make those
    as intuitive as possible (it should be done regardless of the complexity
    of the system, I know, but for big ones it is even more critical)?

    There are lots of tools that generate the skeleton of code for C, C++
    and even Python (such as Umbrello) from UML diagrams. Is this the best
    way?

    TIA,
    --
    Godoy. <>