Tracking/Designing complex projects

Jorge Godoy

Hi!

I'm interested about how you are dealing with large projects where you
have to track serveral classes, tie your GUI with the database, handle
some common situations from several places, etc.

How do you define the documentation for developing such a beast and how
do you keep track of classes, methods, etc. that do something?

Are you using UML? Do you rely solely on package names and make those
as intuitive as possible (it should be done regardless of the complexity
of the system, I know, but for big ones it is even more critical)?

There are lots of tools that generate the skeleton of code for C, C++
and even Python (such as Umbrello) from UML diagrams. Is this the best
way?

TIA,