Tracking down Omesh: Copyright Infringement

nathan

Hello All,

I could use some help in tracking down Omesh, who has infringed on my
copyright. I was contacted by a member of this group with Omesh's
email address, but I'd like to learn how to track it down on my own.
This email is in reference to a section on Omesh's blog:
http://computer-programmings.blogspot.com/ where he copied a large
part of my article at: http://www.webreference.com/3d/column4/ about
Animation Tips

He has a simple solution. Take down the article or he'll be hearing
from an attorney. The other option is to contact Blogger about the
offense, which is one of my next steps if the post isn't removed.

Thanks,

Nathan

Hunter Gratzner

Hello All,

I could use some help in tracking down Omesh, who has infringed on my
copyright.

"Omesh" is pulling such shit under many different names since at least
November 2006. E.g. here he is hawking "mobile phone reviews" under
the names Jim, Mac and Rammy:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt...._frm/thread/3317d2806121c99f/0227a265372fcda9

As you can further see, the spammed-for blog is still up.

Another example is
http://groups.google.com/group/comp..._frm/thread/aae2ec775b6eb683/1573db646108fe74
from August this year. Again, the spammed-for blog is still up.
I was contacted by a member of this group with Omesh's
email address, but I'd like to learn how to track it down on my own.

"Omesh" comes frome somewhere in India. Maybe Mumbai, maybe Chennai.
These are not only huge areas, but because it's India your chance of
getting hold of him are zero. Indian ISPs don't care about network
abuse. Omesh is certainly one of the more persistent abusers. I
consider him a professional criminal.
He has a simple solution. Take down the article or he'll be hearing
from an attorney. The other option is to contact Blogger about the
offense, which is one of my next steps if the post isn't removed.

Good luck in contacting Blogger, alias Blogspot, alias (yep) Google.
You are certainly not the first one making them aware of "Omesh". As
you can see by following the above two examples, his old fake blogs
are still up. Blogger/Blogspot is owned by Google. Which is important
here. "Omesh" does the spam and copyright violations to generate
traffic for the fake blogs. On the fake blogs he is using Google
AdSense to make money from the traffic. And not only he makes money,
but so does Google because of the traffic.

"Omeshs" current Google AdSense client ID is pub-9122004793387317, ad-
channel 2536077756. He is using this at least since August, maybe even
since July. Google doesn't care. Google/Blogger/Blogspot could easily
find all his fake blogs by checking for this ID. They don't. They
should know who Omesh is, since the money must go to someone. Google
will certainly not tell you.

Maybe they react to a DCMA takedown notice. Maybe you can try to get
the advertising money from Google as some kind of compensation, since
it is your intellectual property. But I think the later would require
a very clever lawyer.

Good luck.