Tracking logout/browser close

Mark

The session_end event in the global.asax doesn't seem to fire very often.
Is there a reliable way to capture when a user (a specific session_id)
closes their browser window aside from forcing them to click a logout
button?

Thanks in advance!

Mark

Homer J. Simpson

Mark,

I once had the same problem, and the only workaround i found was to set (via
global.asax) session.timeout to 1 min.
I keep the session alive while the browser window is open, using an hidden
frame with a Meta tag refresh set to 30 secs, which allow to maintain the
session state, even if the user is not playing with your site.

HTH,
Regards,
J.Philippe

nfedin

Unfortunately, there is no reliable way. The best thing that found
was to write an ActiveX control. When the window closes, the ActiveX
controls closes. You could then put some code in the control close
event. The catch is that if IE errors out, the ActiveX control close
event doesn't fire. That was the best I could come up with in 2
monthes of research and development.

Neil