    (i.e., external)?

    Thanks,
    -ej

    Erik Johnson, Mar 19, 2007

  2. Erik Johnson

    Guest

    On Mar 19, 11:34 am, "Erik Johnson" <> wrote:
    > Sort of two questions here:
    >
    > The first is about the internal view: are there Python introspection
    > functions that can be called such that a running script can keep tabs on how
    > much memory is being used?
    >
    > And the second is about using either os or system calls on Windows such
    > that a Python script could get similar information about other processes
    > (i.e., external)?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > -ej

    >From what I've found, it would seem that this is in development. See

    the following:

    http://svn.python.org/projects/python/branches/bcannon-sandboxing/PEP.txt

    I also found a cool recipe for doing some of what you want, but it's
    only been tested on Linux. You might be able to modify it for your
    needs, if you don't mind delving into process ids:

    http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/286222

    Good luck!

    Mike

    , Mar 19, 2007