    Airborne Express, etc. come in. I think I may have found some info on
    UPS's, but I'm not sure how reliable it is, nor have I found anything
    for the others. Does anyone know where I can find info on this?
    Jeff Mott, Jul 25, 2003

  2. On 24 Jul 2003 22:29:34 -0700,
    Jeff Mott <> wrote:
    > I'm not really sure what group would be good to post this in, but
    > since I'm coding it in Perl I figured I'd drop it in here.
    >
    > I need to know what formats the tracking numbers for UPS, FEDEX,
    > Airborne Express, etc. come in. I think I may have found some info on
    > UPS's, but I'm not sure how reliable it is, nor have I found anything
    > for the others. Does anyone know where I can find info on this?

    It has really nothing to do with Perl at all, but it turns out someone
    has already done a lot of this work. Go to search.cpan.org, and look
    for modules with Fedex and UPS in the name.

    Martien
    --

    Martien Verbruggen | +++ Out of Cheese Error +++ Reinstall
    Trading Post Australia | Universe and Reboot +++

    Martien Verbruggen, Jul 25, 2003

  3. Jeff Mott

    Jeff Mott Guest

    > It has really nothing to do with Perl at all,

    I know. I had already said that, and I apologize. If you know of an
    appropriate group, please let me know. I couldn't find one.

    > but it turns out someone
    > has already done a lot of this work. Go to search.cpan.org, and look
    > for modules with Fedex and UPS in the name.

    I already had. I found none that had a method for testing the validity
    of each's respective tracking number. If you see one I did not, please
    let me know.
    Jeff Mott, Jul 26, 2003
  4. (Jeff Mott) wrote in

    >> but it turns out someone
    >> has already done a lot of this work. Go to search.cpan.org, and look
    >> for modules with Fedex and UPS in the name.

    > I already had. I found none that had a method for testing the validity
    > of each's respective tracking number. If you see one I did not, please
    > let me know.

    You know, you can search cpan, you do not have to only rely on your eyes.

    http://search.cpan.org/search?query=UPS&mode=all

    http://search.cpan.org/search?query=fedex&mode=all

    --
    A. Sinan Unur

    Remove dashes for address
    Spam bait: mailto:
    A. Sinan Unur, Jul 26, 2003
  5. Jeff Mott

    Jeff Mott Guest

    > You know, you can search cpan

    I know. You even quoted my statement that I had already searched CPAN
    and not found what I was looking for. Why did you assume I had not?
    Did you just quote me without actually reading what I had said?
    Jeff Mott, Jul 26, 2003
  6. On 25 Jul 2003 16:50:07 -0700,
    Jeff Mott <> wrote:
    >> It has really nothing to do with Perl at all,

    > I know. I had already said that, and I apologize. If you know of an
    > appropriate group, please let me know. I couldn't find one.

    I don't know of a better newsgroup, but the ultimate source of this sort
    of information would be the people who provide the service, Fedex, and
    UPS. Not everything has a newsgroup.

    >> but it turns out someone
    >> has already done a lot of this work. Go to search.cpan.org, and look
    >> for modules with Fedex and UPS in the name.

    > I already had. I found none that had a method for testing the validity
    > of each's respective tracking number. If you see one I did not, please
    > let me know.

    I figured that something called Business::UPS would have some validation
    rules in it. If not, the only alternative I see is to see whether
    something is available on the Fedex and UPS web sites, and if not,
    contact someone there.

    Martien
    --

    Martien Verbruggen | In the fight between you and the world, back

    Martien Verbruggen, Jul 27, 2003