Tracking users connected to a application

Sabine Dinis Blochberger

Raja said:
How can we track Users (display) who are connected to an application,

Have the application log in at a server at start and log-out at exit,
and the server keeps tracks, for example, in a database.

Raja

Have the application log in at a server at start and log-out at exit,
and the server keeps tracks, for example, in a database.

There is no database table for this as of now , if suppose we have any
database table with columns like ,USER_NAME,LGOIN_TIME,LOGOUT_TIME,
etc , how to capture these information in the application,we need to
display all these information in a page, All we should be in a
possible to kill the User i.e, session of the user, and impose Access
restriction on the user,How can we implement this scenario on
different application servers(mainly WebSphere,Weblogic),

Please let me know the step-by-step approach for the development.

Any help on this is highly apprieciated.....