tracking websites visited and applications currently used

harryos

hi
I am wondering if it is possible to track( using java) , which
applications I has been using in my machine during a given period.I
would like to track how much time I have been spending on which
websites during this period .I know ,there are utilities like
'worktime' for this ..but I would like to know how to do this using
java.
Can someone please give me pointers,
harry

Roedy Green

I am wondering if it is possible to track( using java) , which
applications I has been using in my machine during a given period.I
would like to track how much time I have been spending on which
websites during this period .I know ,there are utilities like
'worktime' for this ..but I would like to know how to do this using
java.
Can someone please give me pointers,
harry

Your browser maintains a history file. It format may be documented.
You may be able to deduce it. You could read it with Java and analyse
it.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

harryos

Your browser maintains a history file. It format may be documented.
You may be able to deduce it.  You could read it with Java and analyse
it.

thanks for the reply..any idea how I can get information about
applications running in my machine using java?

regards
harry