Traffic-Cams ( new Yahoo group )

Discussion in 'Java' started by Bla, Jan 24, 2005.

  1. Bla

    Bla Guest

    Hi,

    There is a new Yahoo group called " Traffic-Cams "

    This group discusses everything related to online and realtime
    traffic-cameras

    We have a very extensive links-section with links to thousands of online
    traffic cameras sorted by country or by technique
    (streaming video,streeaming jpg's,stills)

    You can also discuss things related to how to embed videoplayers on your
    website...such as scripts for mini WindowsMediaPlayers or mini RealPlayers

    Many of these (official government) traffic-cam websites show only 1 screen
    at the time...
    Some members have made webpages with 9 or more traffic-cam streams
    on 1 single page ,sometimes even with the audio form a local police-scanner
    in the background ! such a page gives you the impression of actually being
    in the traffic-control-room .

    I would welcome new members that have knowledge of
    Video,Scripts,Java,Applets HTML,...etc
    to implement the traffic-cams (video/jpg's) on a webpage

    Have a look the group can be found here:

    and become a member ! (Yahoo groups are free and non-commercial)

    Greetings

    contranl (group-moderator)

    Bla, Jan 24, 2005

  2. On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 14:33:05 GMT, Bla wrote:

    > There is a new Yahoo group called " Traffic-Cams "

    Traffic gets snarled up when people drive on the wrong side of the
    road. Much like news-groups get snarled up by multi-posting[1].

    Please don't multi-post[1] on our groups, and in return we won't
    drive on the wrong side of your roads.

    TIA

    [1] <http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#xpost>

    --