trailing dots

Bart van den Burg

Hi

I remember reading about this some time ago, but I can't remember what the
answer was, and if it was at all possible... so I'm asking it here:

Say for instance, I have a <DIV STYLE='width: 100px'> with a long sentance
in it, how can I take care that the sentance doesn't wrap and doesn't expand
the <DIV>, but instead replace the part that doesn't fit by "...",
client-side?

As I said, I doubt it's at all possible, but I just can't remember anymore

thanks
Bart

YAC WP

U¿ytkownik "Bart van den Burg said:
Hi

I remember reading about this some time ago, but I can't remember what the
answer was, and if it was at all possible... so I'm asking it here:

Say for instance, I have a <DIV STYLE='width: 100px'> with a long sentance
in it, how can I take care that the sentance doesn't wrap and doesn't expand
the <DIV>, but instead replace the part that doesn't fit by "...",
client-side?

As I said, I doubt it's at all possible, but I just can't remember anymore

It's not possible client side as you mean in HTML, try JavaScript groups.

Bart van den Burg

YAC WP said:
anymore

It's not possible client side as you mean in HTML, try JavaScript groups.

Nahh, no javascript for me
Was just wondering if it was possible with HTML/CSS

thanks
Bart

Lauri Raittila

Nahh, no javascript for me
Was just wondering if it was possible with HTML/CSS

That "..." is hard. There is no way to do that without kludge, supposing
that text may be shorter than that max-lenght. There is some possible
kludges, first I can think is with transparent ellipsis on white type
image.

Nice URL for content and style? I havent tested anything, and it would
depend much on markup and style of page, I think.