Trails - Rails for Java

Mariano Montone

Hello Rubyists,

There's a web framework similar to Rails (at least that's what they say)
for Java.
For the ones interested visit:
http://today.java.net/pub/a/today/2005/06/23/trails.html
Some comments from the page:
"Rails is a framework using the Ruby language that allows one to create
database-driven web applications in a fraction of the time it would
normally take. "
"As a Java developer my first reaction to Rails was sheer, unabashed
envy. Developing a web application in Java, even with best-of-breed
technologies such as Spring, Hibernate, and Tapestry, is still much more
difficult than cranking out a Rails application."

Cheers, MM

1GB gratis, Antivirus y Antispam
http://correo.yahoo.com.ar

Jim Weirich

Hello Rubyists,

There's a web framework similar to Rails (at least that's what they say)
for Java.
For the ones interested visit:
http://today.java.net/pub/a/today/2005/06/23/trails.html
Some comments from the page:
"Rails is a framework using the Ruby language that allows one to create
database-driven web applications in a fraction of the time it would
normally take. "
"As a Java developer my first reaction to Rails was sheer, unabashed
envy. Developing a web application in Java, even with best-of-breed
technologies such as Spring, Hibernate, and Tapestry, is still much more
difficult than cranking out a Rails application."

Chris Nelson, the developer of Trails is a friend of mine. I was the one who
pointed out the rails demo video to Chris.

Let me point out that although Trials is "inspired" by Rails, it is not a
clone in any sense. If anything, it resembles a web based version of Naked
Objects (http://www.nakedobjects.org/).

Chris will be giving a talk on Trails at OSCON, so you can catch up with him
there <blatent ad for OSCON>.